Friday, November 11, 2011

Tapiooooooca!

I just finished making tapioca pudding. I loved tapioca pudding as a child. Loved. Loooved. But, the recipe normally calls for terribly unhealthy things like processed sugar and milk. Blech! So I substituted coconut milk and some unbleached, unrefined, no additives cane sugar. It's in the fridge cooling, but I think I'm seeing one small issue with it. Tapioca (or at least how I always ate it) should be thick, currently mine is a little too runny, even taking into account how much the cooling down should thicken it up. Next time, instead of the 2 3/4 cups of milk I'll cut it back to.... jesus, I don't know, I'm not a cook! I'll probably just try cutting back to 2 1/4 or maybe even just 2 cups. I find natural cane sugar to have a lighter, more delicate taste, so it might be a good idea to add a wee bit more next time, not sure. Tapioca pudding isn't the strongest tasting thing to begin with.

Ok, back to watching Good Eats while I wait for my pudding to cool. Hot damn, I love that show. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment