Saturday, November 19, 2011

In Other News

Why yes I am procrastinating despite the post I just put up saying I was going to get back to work. Why do you ask? ;)

In other news, I've completely given up trying to understand my dreams anymore. They've gone to a place I just don't get. It's not like they're crazier than normal, they're just so out of my realm of understanding or dissecting for meaning. Something I'm usually pretty good at.

I've had a variation of one dream, hmmm, I'm gonna say 3, maybe 4 times now in the past couple of years (this makes it a theme dream, I have many, some themes stay for decades, some come and go) that I do not get. It's always very vivid, no matter how mind bendingly bizarre it gets, and each time I have it I wake up a little confused for a moment as too what world and which rules I'm on and operating under.

The dream always involves world hopping and hidden gates to other places and frequently has a sort of nexus point, mini world, in-between place with a huge concentration of gates (frequently guarded by hostiles that are usually not even remotely human, frequently bug-like). There's also usually a lot of running and hiding and dodging violent search parties, and oppositional forces who are much better equipped and basically have control of everything (multiple worlds, the nexus point etc.)

This particular time, there wasn't an in-between world that I was aware of, but there were multiple worlds, all looking pretty similar to this one. However, and I don't remember exactly how or who was causing it, but people were getting thrown into worlds that weren't theirs. Mostly all in this one particular worlds (with the prettiest ocean you've ever seen). The catch? None of us could understand anyone else. Not the people on the world we were in, not the people thrown in from other worlds (though we did somehow know that none of us belonged in this particular world) .

To make it harder, we had to somehow traverse the world we were in to the gate that would send us to our respective worlds without being able to communicate with anyone. At all. Imagine trying to work together and navigate an entire fucking world when you can't read, write or speak the language of anyone else, including the people you're trying to navigate this with, while trying not to let on to the natives that you're not one of them. I tell you, it involved a lot of hand gestures with my fellow off-worlders.

I don't remember if we were being chased or hunted this time (pretty typical of this dream-theme scenario)...

Also, I'm not sure what it is with the creepy-ass underground Egyptian-like tomb dreams (with the dead ends and downer endings), but they can stop any fucking time now thanks. Dear dreams, your grandiose, sweeping architecture is amazing, but I'd appreciate it even more if I wasn't busy trying not to die painfully. Kthanks.

The serial killer loose in poorly lit hospital with tons of graphically mutilated corpses dreams can stop as well. That shit is fucking frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment