Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Link Storm!

A Music Link Extravaganza! As promised, music for your hearts and ears. :)

Intro by The XX short, but awesome.

This is one of the best improv songs I have ever heard/watched. The song alone is brilliant, but the way they act it is so 80s melodrama it's amazing!

I wasn't a huge fan of Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO, but it's grown on me and now I quite like it... and wonder about my sanity every time. But it's funny, too bad it's the only thing I've liked from them so far.

The band Austra has two good songs Lose It and Beat and Pulse. I have to say, Watch official videos or lyrics because watching them live is an interpretive dance on ecstasy show, so if that ain't yo thang, y'all been warned.

Icarus by White Hinterland is wicked. This is the best version I've found, your mileage may vary.

Colin Hay's Waiting For My Real Lie to Begin is mellow and pretty. I really like the lyrics.

The song Transformer by Gnarls Barkley or Cee Lo (oh song title, you're so apropos).

Wrapped In Your Arms by Fireflight is my absolute most favoritest song right now. So good on every level.

Enlighten yourselves, Readers (if you haven't all ready) with some Youtube, Epic Rap Battles of History. I'm not gonna lie to you, they're hit or miss. But when they hit, they hit awesome. The ones with: the Easter Bunny, Napoleon, Hulk Hogan (you have to wait til Hulk goes down it gets hilarious then), Mr. Rogers, Cat in the Hat, all those are good imo.

Shopping by myself is dangerous, not because I'm some crazy shopoholic (I hate shopping. I hate trying on clothes.), but because it leaves me entirely too much time to get bored and my brain decides it needs entertainment and starts, ohhh, coming up with subverted t-shirt sayings based on the ones it's looking at. I wish I'd written them down. They were... controversial. :) And funny, but Iz got bias. I'll try to remember some of them and post at some point. No promises though. But imagine my sense of humor, and typical t-shirt sayings. Now add something bizarre, snarky, jaded or sarcastic to the saying that undermines it. Bonus points if I managed to use all three in one short, pithy little extra addition. >:)

Ok one shitty example 'cause it's all can think of atm. T-shirt saying "sugar and spice" now with added wicked, "and a little cocaine, cause it makes it taste nice." Bonus points if you remembered that the "cause it makes it taste nice" bit is from the chef in Disney's Little Mermaid movie; the scene where he's trying to kill the red mollusk dude. Crab? Crayfish? What was he again? I'm not looking it up. I won't.
No.

I'm pretty sure I should not be allowed to make and sell t-shirts. But I kinda want to.

Ok, homework then bed. Maybe one day I'll even get around to washing dishes.

I still want to know if dogs can adapt to different sleep schedules...

No comments:

Post a Comment