Sunday, December 11, 2011

(Updated)

I have to find a pair of low frequency noise cancellation headphones. Like, industrial grade good. I bought the kind you'd use for the gun range. Two actually. Both at the highest (31) rating I could find; cup ones and ear plugs, I even wore them together. Didn't work. You'd think they'd double the hearing loss. Not even fucking close. There was no difference between wearing one set and wearing both together. Apparently most ear protection is made to block high frequency sounds. Who knew?

I am at my wits end. I can't get anything done and I'm beside myself with frustration. And I realize this next bit is me (and I'm working on it), but by the time it stops, I am so worked up it takes me hours to calm down. That's hours after the hours I've have to spend listening to their clomp, clomp clomping. And it's always right during prime writing time, which just adds further insult to injury.

I cannot get any peace and quiet. I need quiet like most people need food.
Please, please, please, please, please let whatever I order come quickly.


UPDATE: So the low frequency ear protection is out because it won't help. It can't stop the vibrations, which is what's really being transmitted the worst from upstairs. Even with the earphones on the vibration is still going to come through physically. Even deaf people can "hear" vibrations which is why you can sometimes use it to get their attention.

I'm at the point where I've lost my ability to treat molehills like molehills. Everything is a damn mountain now thanks to stress, anxiety and lack of sleep. In light of that, I think I'm going to go into "radio silence" for a bit with the blog. I do not have anything nice to say and I don't want this to turn into some non-stop bitch-fest, no matter how well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment