Thursday, August 21, 2008

In a completely unrelated note

To writing, I am making homemade protein bars for the first time. they currently sit in the oven making their transformation from caterpillar to tasty, nutritious butterfly... well that's the hope at least. Since I made up the recipe after studying dozens of other recipes, smashing a bunch of ingredients together and hoping for the best. Somewhere poor Frozecat is crying over that last sentence *grin* Teehee

Work continues to be new and interesting, the calm before the student storm that blows in in T minus 3...2...

How many minutes should I leave my nummy butterflies in for? 20? 30? Do I look like a fucking baker? Do I? The correct answer is no. Hell I don't even know what temp to cook them on. I guessed. Good lord, what if it rises up out of my oven not a butterfly, but some devious oat blob, angry and burnt?! What do I beat it away from me with? Water? Then it'll just be gooey oat blob of drowning doom. Fire? It's not a zombie. Acid. Excuse me, I must find some acid. Quickly.

Update:
Protein bars: 1
Wolo: 0
I am made of protein bar making fail. :( They are the driest of dry things. They make the desert look positively brimming with moisture. Clearly I must hone my protein bar-fu for round two. I tried to salvage them and succeeded only in wasting more food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! Ahhh, *wipes tear* thanks for the laugh Wolo.

How about seeing if holy water really works? *snerk* You never know, the Acid could mutate them into some weird form of beastie. Big freakin' Radioactive Nutrient Bars bent on taking over the world.

...Did I mention I just woke up? *g*

Wologal said...

Any time. :)

Oh thanks. Thanks so much Soleil, cuz what I needed was to have them mutate even worse!

heh

Post a Comment