Friday, January 23, 2009

Today, Today

I mailed my stuff off. Instantly my stress levels went down which is fantastic. I thought I'd be a wreck because the whole process is kind of out of my hands and all I can do is wait to hear back from them.
Instead I'm feeling strangely fine with it...for now. :)

I think I'm just so glad to not be stressing about it for now. I don't have to worry about anything until end of Feb. so I won't. I've done the best I can, the rest is up to them to decide if my best was good enough. But man oh man, I hope it was.

I'm taking the week and doing whatever with it. No pressure, no must do's. If I feel the urge to write, I will. If I don't, I won't and I won't beat myself up over it either.

I need to learn how to relax and accept that I don't have to be productive 24/7. A) because it's just not healthy and B) because I'm pretty sure it's directly responsible for some of the times when I can't seem to get anything down on paper. I had the same problem when I was painting freelance. If I wasn't pulling 12-14 hour days then I was a lazy slacker who was goofing off. Wow way to beat yourself up unnecessarily.

I wish I had a good videogame to play right now though. No reading. Except for the new Fables trade paperback, volume 11. Totally doesn't count. ;)

5 comments:

Blackfire said...

Sometimes it's nice to take a break from things. I know it always helps me to clear my head. Which always seems to get full of unnessesary junk that I really need to get rid of. It becomes quite hectic up there at times. Good thing there aren't any people that can read my mind (or any that I know of) because they'd get an instant headache every time they came close to me. Lol.

Good luck with your stuff you sent off! I'm glad that your stress levels have gone down!

You paint? Man I wish I had that kind of talent. You wanna know what my teacher told me? That I'm artistically challenged and should quit while I'm ahead. Lol. I guess I'll just stick to writing. Though I do think my stick figures are improving :P

Anyways, good luck with your time off. I hope your muse comes a knocking soon so that you feel fully inspired!

Wologal said...

Amen. I agree with everything you said in the first paragraph (not that I disagree with the other paragraphs) so thanks for saving me some typing. ;P

Well to be honest I haven't painted in a couple of years now and have lost a fair bit of what I used to know. Also this was digital painting not traditional which I don't, sadly, think I'm very good at. Though I wish I was. but finding time for that on top of everything else, yea, not sure when that will happen. :(

I can't even draw a stick figure without it looking fucked up.

Thanks. I am so looking forward to the time off and I'm hoping it rejuvenates me and my muse. I could use some inspiration!

Blackfire said...

It's funny how your muse can hit you, just suddenly without warning. But it's a whole lot of fun when they do! ^^

Wologal said...

So true. I am waiting patiently for mine to hit me. I can't wait! *grin*

Blackfire said...

:D I just joined up for Holly Lisle's Think Sideways course, and my muse has been in my ear 24/7 at the moment. I'm just hoping he doesn't get bored. Especially when everything is going so well.

Post a Comment