Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Something old, something new

Not last night, but the night before I had a crazy cool dream partially presented to me in comic form. Yes, it's true, I sometimes dream in movie, comic, MMO and book form. For real. No I don't know why except to say that given the legendary (to my friends and family at least) dream craziness this is pretty par for the course. So yea I actually saw several panels of the comic and now I'm intrigued. I wrote them down and the little I could remember of the plot which was unfinished and very convoluted even in dream form. But I want to do this at some point. I'm not sure yet how the story got from the beginning to the end, I'm not even sure the story (or my subconscious) really knew either because there was a chunk missing from the middle then it skipped to the end. Great, even my subconscious won't just write a story in order!

Thinking about that comic idea made me start thinking about another one I've had kicking around forever that's got no hardcore outline done or anything, but it does have lots of notes. Rereading it made me fall in love with it all over again. Er not that I ever fell out of love with it. Baby, baby, baby, why you gots to be like that? Come on baby, you know I didn't mean it like that. I've always loved you... I really want to do that as well. The problem? I can not draw. Can not. And I don't know anyone who can draw it for me. But if I did...I would make it a webcomic in a heartbeat. It's funny, irreverent, surreal. It's got ninjas!

Word count yesterday wasn't as good as I would have like, but I did get some great character stuff thoughted out. (Why, yes I did just use the word thoughted.) :)

3 comments:

Blackfire said...

Hey, I love dreams when you can remember them. Alot of the time I have nightmares, I have seen a lot of murders, which makes me really scared, and they are done by this one man who keeps showing up in my dreams, and I wake up sweating and really scared! I don't think they are normal dreams, and I never see his face, but I know its a man and somehow he is familiar. Maybe I should have a shot at a murder mystery?

Anyway, can't say that i have ever dreamt in comic book form, but I have dreamt in book form where it was like I was reading from a book! And once i was kidnapped by celtic Gods! It was the most awesome dream ever, it ended all too soon. I've also had run ins with quite a few dragons, flown on the back of a gryphon and come face to face with a basalisk. Scary, I know! But I tend to visit dream places quite regularly, though it is a different dream it is the same place.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm quite fascinated by dreams ^_^

Wologal said...

heh except for the nightmares (I get vivid scary icky ones too) your dreams sound awesome! I love sleep and dreaming. :)

Me too. I'd love to study them or something. I usually try to decipher mine (when I can) because dreams are great for telling you what's going on. They can be so very literal.

My normal dreams are everyone else's crazy dreams and my crazy, out there dreams are REALLY out there.

My nightmares are terrifying. It seems to be the price for having a vivid dream imagination. I hear it all the time from the few people I know that dream really vividly and tend to remember them etc. Houses are usually horrifyingly icky things in my dreams. And television shows. More often then not if I'm watching something on a television then I know my dreams are about to get very disturbing and graphic.

I've been vampires, werewolves, real wolves, dragons, aliens, different people (male and female). I've even dreamed in anime a couple of times. I've died in dreams.

I have several reoccurring dream types and places, but the dreams themselves are almost never exactly the same twice. More like themes. Getting lost on trains is a huge theme. And zombies. God I hate zombies.

We should compare notes someday! ;)

Blackfire said...

Hehe, sounds fascinating! I remember this one dream, I was watching a young girl, her younger brother and her grandfather in a barran wasteland, but there was this dragon man. I will never forget his eyes, they were the eyes of a beast, it was scary!

Post a Comment