Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whoops, forgot to mention I'm on a gluten free diet right now didn't I*

You know what I'm tired of? Failing at baking. Fuck baking. Fuck the frustrating, time consuming process of trying to bake with odd, gluten free flours with strange properties and stranger recipe conversions that never seem to work right.

I am the Sith Lord Queen of Failbake and I am fucking tired of it.

Dons her helmet and ignites her eeeevil light saber (shouldn't it be a dark saber since I'm all bad and shit?) and prepares to wade back into the kitchen fray. My light/dark saber is red. Red for the blood and sweat I have shed in my battle to be able to eat baked goods again. Red for the ingredients, piled like viscera at my feet, spilled and wasted in the name of healthy eating.

*Trying to be, anyways. Kinda hard when you can't actually make anything edible!! I mean, I keep trying and it keeps not turning out right, or even salvageable and now I've wasted god only knows how many dollars and pounds of ingredients. Not to mention time and patience. God help the asshole who tries to sing that GnR song at me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment