Friday, May 6, 2011

Wherein we learn how long our heroine can go without sleep

60 hours. Beating my previous record of 42-46 hours without sleep by a significant margin. Still recovering. Think I spent 24 of that moving myself and others. And driving. Lots and lots of driving. I am remarkably resilient when it comes to hallucinations because I think I only hallucinated once and it was a tiny thing, really.

It was a crazy, occasionally surreal few days, but all my stuff is in storage, including car (which I miss), and I am currently back in Alberta for a shortish stay. Going to take this time to get my eating habits back under control and my exercising back on schedule as I have missed both of these things. And to write. And enjoy the fact that I am no longer essentially a prisoner in my own home.

In theory I will head back at some point for a short term IT project before moving on to new city and University. Drove down and visited said establishment. They have a punching bag in the gym. A punching bag! Weeee.

This time I will be getting a bachelor pad. Possibly, possibly a 2 bedroom and 1, 1 roommate, because it is significantly cheaper to share a 2 bedroom, but I would prefer something by myself.

Already the severe allergic reaction I was having to something in old place is starting to ease down a bit. But my histamines and immune system are so rundown that it will probably take months of effort and care to build it back up.

Looking forward to being able to write again. I can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment