Friday, February 25, 2011

Webcomics People

Update your shit when you say you will or I will delete you from my reading list. No matter how pretty, how well written, how stunning it might be.

Consistency is all you have. It fucking matters.

I have lost count of the number of really good web comics I've dropped off my list over the last few weeks because authors can't be bothered to follow their own fucking schedule. Did someone else force them into said schedule? No, no they set it. They decided when they would update. Nobody put a gun to their head and said "update on these days or we axe your children and pull your limbs off."

Believe it or not I understand the occasional slip up. Shit happens, life blows up sometimes. But, if your life is blowing up every other week? Yea, maybe you shouldn't be doing this right now. Or maybe you should build a year's worth of buffer before you try to post anything on a regular schedule.

Rant off.

No comments:

Post a Comment