Friday, September 5, 2008

Unbounced

I am a thoroughly unbounced Tigger and now have a hard choice to make regarding the course I'm taking. Fucking hell.

Not happy. Not happy a tall. I had forgotten how much I dislike the one-size-fits-all teaching methods commonly employed by teachers and vaunted as "the only way to do things." I know that not every teacher in every institution feels/acts this way, but the ones that don't are definitely the minority and I applaud them for daring to think differently. I have long said that the educational system needs a revamp from the ground up. I guess I'm saying it again.

:(

2 comments:

Blackfire said...

aw, that's not good to hear, we all know there are many ways to do something :) What's the course you're taking anyways?

Cheer up Wolo, you'll get through this! *hugs* It's not a good feeling to be told there is only one right way, it really sux.

Wologal said...

Well....it was an English course, but that's been taken care of for now. I can't pull 17-20 hour days and get things done right. Work, home and school all would have suffered.

I'm going to see about taking the course in April once work slows down significantly. I won't like the course, but it'll go by quicker and I'll have a lot more time for it.

It really sucks. I hate having to spend hours listening to someone when I disagree fervently with 60+ % of everything that comes out of their mouth and don't need the course except as a mandatory prerequisite for something else.

Wolo.

Post a Comment