Friday, September 26, 2008

From Here to There and Nowhere Inbetween.

Quiet on the Wicked Front I know. Not much to say, busy with work and life and not as much as I'd like with writing. My work hours are making things weird. I need to adjust fully over to a much more night schedule and have been holding back. Something I wouldn't usually do. Normally I'd embrace my late night schedule with extreme enthusiasm. But my work hours and my partners work hours don't match well. Moving to a more nightly schedule would make it even harder to see each other. But I guess I need to do it anyways. This half and half, not really working one way or the other schedule clearly isn't accomplishing anything.

Also, I've determined that I'm probably going to have at least four books for Gwen and Malik since the ending to the third book leaves way too many unanswered questions and anyone reading to that point would likely string me up and I don't fancy getting strung up. How I went from one novel to four still staggers my mind (especially since I'm still trying to finish the 1st one), but *shrug* c'est la vie.

My mind is mighty resistant to having to work on one thing only from start to finish. I'm a mega multi-tasker and sticking to one thing for even a day, let alone the time it takes to write a single novel from start to finish, is something akin to hell. So I've been toying with little things here and there that belong to other projects, no major commitments to anything else as such, just a break. I'm not sure I could (at this stage) swing writing two different novels simultaneously. Not yet at least. The switch back and forth is too difficult, but jotting down snippets of things or ideas here and there is a nice break without really breaking things, if that made sense.

I've got a better idea of the cosmology and myth I'll be pulling from for an entirely different series. I've also got a better handle on that character and what makes her tick as well as some of the themes that will be showing up in there. As well as a smattering of ideas for some of the other misfits she'll be dealing with. Little seeds for the later novels for Gwen and some short story ideas (assuming I can keep them short and not expand them to novels as is my wont).

Why the fuck does the stupid spelling checker on this catch contractions but nothing else? I misspell since to sicne, nothing, least to elast, nothing again, but put so much as a single wasn't or I've in there and it's practialy yelling at me that it's wrong. WRONG! Contractions? We don't need no stinking contractions! We use only the full forms here missy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your spellchecker needs to embrace the contractions.

Blackfire said...

I know exactly what you're going through. I'm actually writing two things at once, I can't help myself, and I'm re outlining a novel I wrote a little while back, that is so hopeless nothing could be saved.
LOL, so good luck with it.

And the spellchecker... What is there to say? They are more trouble then they're worth.

Wologal said...

For days I kept trying to post and it kept failing on me. >:(

@soleil It really does. It really does.


@black hehe you multi-tasker you. :)

Post a Comment