Friday, April 29, 2011

SQUEE! Wherein I Tell You Good Things About Myself

Got Final portfolio and marks back for script class.
B+/A- on final script. A- overall grade!
Considering the year I've had and the crazy, crazy non-stop problems, I am very happy with this.

Also got some awesome praise from teacher (not an easy woman to please.) She said my script was very funny! She said I have a really good instinct for comedy, when to back a joke off and when to push it farther. SQUEEEE! She said that I should definitely write more comedy and get my work out there! She said she'd like to see it when it's finished. She also hoped I'd try my hand at theatre again as she liked the way I use visuals in it. She is not just blowing sunshine up my ass. :)

She said more, but I'm too happy to remember it all. Which is good, because I definitely bombed my English Lit exam and possibly the course. Not bombed as in failed (god, I hope I didn't fail the course. I definitely did shit on the exam.), but bombed as in, I'll be happy to have passed this one.

I think I'm sitting good on psych, I did better on my final exam than I thought I would, but not as well as I wanted to and my otherwise stellar mark for that course took a hit from it. Instead of an A/A+, I probably got dropped down to a B of some sort, probably low. Which fucks my GPA up even further (and it was such a pretty GPA too) and irritates me to no end. Booo. Grrr.

Still, barring Lit class I should be sitting at all As and Bs of some sort. And I am trying to be happy with that and put it into proper context. This year really was hell. Every aspect of life got pounded and upturned and fucked around basically nonstop (none of which I put up here cause lets face it, no one likes to read that shit). So, to pull those kinds of marks off despite that, despite the frequent crushing loneliness of not having my lifemate here, despite the learning issues, despite working, fuck yea, I'll take my victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment