Saturday, November 20, 2010

Odds and Sods

Going The Distance is a fantastic fucking movie. I laughed so hard, so many times. One to own. "Tastes like poison!"

Less than a month left in the semester. Holy shit, where did the time go? So many assignments left! So little time in which to get them done! Every time I turn around I've lost a month's worth of time somehow.

If You Run by Boxer Rebellion. Also fantastic.


Turns out my script prof will be teaching the next level of the course next semester. I talked to her and she very enthusiastically has allowed me to take one of my short ideas and expand on it with every assignment next semester. Basically by the time both courses are done, I'll have almost a full length movie scripted out. I am simultaneously very excited, and daunted by the task I've assigned myself. Wild West Steampunk (also known as Weird West) with some extra twists folks. Can't wait.

If they ever get around to offering the next fiction work-shopping course I'm going to ask to do the same for that. There's no way I'll get a book done, by any means, but I might be able to get a significant chunk of one knocked off.

Still looking for a beginner's drawing class. Haven't given up on that. Still wish I had a fucking artist for the webcomic idea(s) swimming in my brain.

I wish I had something funny to write, but there's been a dearth of funny lately.

Maybe I need to have a life like this woman's: http://thebloggess.com/
On second thought. No. No I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment