Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Miscellaneous School Blatherings

Classes are going well. I'm taking a fiction writing workshop, a scriptwriting workshop and the requisite English class.

I was taking an art class and looking forward to learning to draw thankyouverymuch, but that is no more. It's mostly about painting and drawing shit that is way beyond me. This saddens me. I spent the first class being told to paint whatever. So there I am painting Pacman and getting it wrong while the goddamn girl next to me is doing fucking fully rendered shit. then we get the course syllabus and they're all "draw interpretations of so-and-so's art" and I'm all "please tell me how to hold the fucking pencil without stabbing myself in the eye." Incompatible!

So I'm on the hunt for a real beginner's art class, which the college doesn't have so I've had to broaden my horizons out to other potential schools and even local art stores. Maybe I will keep you posted, maybe I won't. That's the beauty of this place, you never know.

But seriously, the work-shopping classes are going well so far. The scriptwriting one is way out of my comfort zone, I don't even know how to write a script, but I'm learning and enjoying and that was the whole point of taking them.

I had more, but I've lost my train of thought.

I may have an "essay I'm not allowed to write" coming up soon based off a play we have to read for script class. We'll see. My homework load is insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment