Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soooo I've been pretty quiet lately both here and in 2YN. At the risk of sounding unnecessarily dramatic, I think I'm going to continue to take a break from both. The thing is, my word count is moving at a glacially slow pace. I spend more time mired deep in writer's block than I do out of it. I'm not having fun writing because I'm too busy stressing hugely over writing. I try to keep the fun part in mind, but when my mind goes into blank, stress city every fucking time, it's kind of hard to maintain a sense of fun and enjoyment. I don't know why this keeps happening other than a profoundly deep rooted fear of failure, success or probably both knowing me.

It's not enough to have people tell me "You'll get over it" or "just write" etc. If I could "just write" I would. I don't want to go into great detail, partly because I just don't want to, and partly because I just don't know what's at the root of it. I do try to read the blogs I'm following, even if I don't post much. Sorry for that, I dunno, I just find it hard lately to post about anything, even the happy comments for others in my head.

But they're there and I'm wishing everyone the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment