Tuesday, February 24, 2009

4 Days

'Til I find out if I made early acceptance. To say that I'm on pins and needles would be an understatement. I'm having a hard time thinking about most everything else. Which is sort of killing my productivity and sleep. Definitely, yea, definitely sleep. I worry too much. This comes as a HUGE surprise to anyone who has been following this blog I know. You're shocked. Now, can we get back to the part where I mentioned that I have no fingernails and the first digit of every finger has been mysteriously chewed off by, er, aliens. Yea.

I will not beg the universe. I will not beg the universe. I will n- *gets down on knees and wrings hands pathetically* PLEEEEEEAAASSSEEEE!


In sadder news. I seriously haven't written anything of note for my story in a month. Jesus. My head does NOT want to go there and I do not know why. I have tried fiddling around with a short story idea that will not leave me alone, but the research I feel like I need keeps dragging it to a standstill. I did finally manage to wring (why yes, it IS the word of the day, how did you guess) about 300-500 words of the opening down so I guess that's something.

I feel like I have a lot on my plate right now and thus very, very stressed. Not that I take the stuff, but I do occasionally have days where it feels like mainlining prozac would be a good thing. Tappety, tappety on the vein! ;p

How y'all doing out there?

5 comments:

Blackfire said...

Hey wolo! Good luck with getting your early acceptance!

I'm sure that once the stress leaves you life, you will be able to write again. I find that at times I cannot write because of the things that are happening around me.

Wologal said...

So true. I haven't learned how to write through stress yet. We learn this yes? They teach this yes? Because stress rarely seems to leave.

Handbook = where?

Blackfire said...

Um, I don't think stress ever really goes. I guess you just learn to use it through your writing. You should Check out Holly's ebook, 21 Ways To Get Yourself Writing When Your Life Has Just Exploded. It may have some useful info in it for you ^^

Wologal said...

What? They do not teach this? I want my money back.

It seems like there's a fair amount of her stuff I should try. Maybe when I win the lottery. :(

sometimes, rarely, I can channel the emotions into something. It depends on if a scene that would use it comes to me.

Blackfire said...

^^ I understand completely Wolo. I am effected by stress through sleep and analysis.

My mind continues to go over and over the problem, never giving me a break. I can push it away, and not even think about it, until it comes to sleeping. I am so tired right now that my eyes feel as though they are going to fall out of my head! But I just can't sleep.

All this because of a guy. Geez. And he's not even a guy I might have a chance with. He's got a girlfriend. :| I really need to go nightclubbing or something. Get my mind off him.

Post a Comment